ENFIELD SENIOR CENTER
As a focal point for aging services, the Enfield Senior Center provides social, educational, and recreational opportunities to enrich the mind, body and spirit of older adults in an open and accepting atmosphere.
Enfield Senior Center
Now open by Appointment and Reservation ONLY
Pumpkin Decorating Contest
October 26th is National Pumpkin Day. In recognition of this we are having a Pumpkin Decorating Contest. The Friends of the Enfield Senior Center have generously donated 20 pumpkins. Please call the center at 860-763-7425 to pick up a pumpkin, while supplies last. Contestants can provide their own pumpkin to decorate if they wish but it must be a smaller sized pumpkin. The pumpkin may be carved, painted or decorated. The winners will receive a prize that is yet to be determined. Pumpkins will be displayed on October 26 as part of our Halloween drive thru event. Please call the Enfield Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to return decorated pumpkins. Pumpkins can be dropped-off no later than October 23rd by 4:00pm.
Halloween Drive Thru
On October 26th from 1:30pm – 3:30pm the Senior Center will be having a drive through Halloween celebration. Drive through the front of the Senior Center and receive a goody. Come dressed in costume and get an extra treat.
Registration Days for November Classes
Resident (R): Wednesday, October 21st from 8:30am - 11:00am
Non- Residents (NR): Wednesday, October 28th from 8:30am - 11:00am
Registration Forms and Procedures
ENFIELD SENIOR CENTER REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Registration for November in-person and virtual fitness and arts & crafts classes will begin on Wednesday, October 21st for residents and Wednesday, October 28th for non-residents. Pre-registration will be required for all programs. There will be no drop-in programs.
• Registration will begin promptly at 8:30 am and end at 11:00 am.
• Registration will be held outdoors in front of the entrance.
• If you arrive early, please socially distance in line on the sidewalk – 6 feet apart. Directional markers will indicate where to stand.
• Masks are required.
• Both the registration form and the COVID Informed Consent form should be completed in advance.
• Classes are no longer listed on the registration form. Please find a list of offerings on the Senior Center website, Facebook page or email from Friday, October 16, 2020.
• Please note that the new registration form has a release and waiver section at the bottom of the form. Participants are required to sign the form.
• Participants may only register themselves, due to limited class sizes.
• Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, or money order made payable to the Enfield Senior Center.
• Participants who have a credit from cancelled classes in their My Senior Center Wallet may apply it to their registration.
• Registration will end at 11:00 am. For those who miss the initial registration dates, call the Enfield Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to make an appointment.
• Mail-in registrations will be accepted and put in a hold folder to be entered at random after the initial registration based on your residency.
• Class sizes will be very limited due to State of Connecticut COVID guidelines.
For more information, the Registration and COVID Informed Consent forms, and the program class listing please visit our website at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors.
Sign up early as class size is limited due to social distance guidelines and slots are awarded on a first come first served basis.
Registration and COVID-19 consent forms :
Senior Center Fitness Classes
Senior Center Arts and Craft Classes
Other In-Person Programming - November
Other In-Person Programming - October
FREE Diabetes Education Classes!
Do you have diabetes and want to improve your blood sugar control? Register for upcoming VIRTUAL (via Zoom) classes offered by your Big Y Pharmacist! For more information and to sign-up, contact: Donna Dwarska at 413-504-4491or email@example.com
Occupational Therapy Telehealth Sessions
We are working with Bay Path University’s Occupational Therapy students to create telehealth sessions in a group format and individual, if preferred. These sessions can happen through Zoom, Facebook Live, your Public Access Channel, or over the phone. Some of the topics discussed in these sessions will be gardening, physical exercise, total body stretching, stress relief techniques, leisure pursuits, nutritional education, healthy snack preparation, hand strengthening activities, and cardio drumming.
If you are interested, please contact either:
Nancy Darrah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexis Ferioli at email@example.com
AARP Connecticut Events
Virtual Coffee Hour
Every Thursday from 9:30 -10:30 am
Just a chance to socialize and connect each week.
How to attend the chat:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 860-763-7425
Send us a message in Facebook messenger
We will send you the Zoom meeting link and password that Thursday, after you contact us that you would like to participate.
The following services are available via phone and are free 15-minute consultations. Call the Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to schedule an appointment.
Ask the Lawyer: October 28th
Ask the Realtor: Open availability. Call 860-593-4248 to set up appointment.
Legal Consultation: October 20th
Ask The CPA: Open availability. Call 860-741-3716 to set up appointment.
PRIME FITNESS CENTER
Health and Wellness
PRIME Fitness Re-opening Update
The Enfield Senior Center is excited to announce that it will re-open the Prime Fitness Center starting Monday, October 5, 2020.
To meet the new State guidelines there have been a few changes to the Fitness Center:
• The Fitness Center has been expanded into the adjacent Multipurpose Room to provide 6 foot spacing between machines.
• All participants must wear a mask during their visit including while they workout.
• Members will be required to clean the machines after each use.
• Staff will perform general cleaning during the day as time permits.
• A staff member will be on duty while the Fitness Center is open.
• Members will enter through the external door marked Entrance to the Fitness Center and exit through the opposite external door marked Exit. Members will not be admitted to the Fitness Center from the main portion of the Senior Center.
• Congregating will not be permitted while entering, exiting, or using the Fitness Center.
• Chairs will be available outside for members to change shoes prior to entering the Fitness Center. The lockers are no longer available for use.
• Participants must be a current member. New memberships will not be taken at this time due to limited hours.
Workout times and reservations:
• The Fitness Center will be open 8:00am-11:50am and 1:00pm-3:50pm.
• Visits will be by appointment only. Members may make a reservation for a 50-Minute session.
• Session times:
o 12:00-1:00pm Closed for lunch and cleaning
• Reservations can be made on Friday mornings from 9:30-11:30am for the following week.
• To make a reservation, call the Fitness Center at 860-272-3554.
• Reservations will be limited to 10 members per session.
• Reservations for the week of October 13-16, 2020 will be accepted starting on Friday, October 9th from 9:30-11:30am by calling the Fitness Center.
• The Senior Center reserves the right to restrict use of the reservation system for parties who chronically reserve spots and then do not show up during their scheduled session.
Enfield Senior Center COVID Procedures – Prime Fitness Center
• If you or anyone in your household does not feel well for ANY REASON, please do not visit the Fitness Center.
• Please notify us if anyone who visited the Fitness Center or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 on the day of your visit or in the 14 days immediately following your visit.
• The front doors to the Senior Center will remain locked. Participants will be asked to check in with program staff at the outside entrance to the Fitness Center. Check-in will begin no sooner than 5 minutes prior to start time.
• Upon arrival, a visual and verbal health screening will be conducted by program staff.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands when entering the Fitness Center.
• Please keep socially distanced with other participants while waiting in line to enter and during your visit.
• Everyone must wear a face mask throughout your visit to the Fitness Center including while you work out.
• Participants will be asked to stay in the expanded Fitness Center area except for the use of the adjacent restroom.
• No food or drink, except water bottles, will be allowed during your visit. Please bring your own water bottle full to the center since the water fountains will not be in use.
• Participants should bring all belongs with them when they leave.
• Participants are asked to leave once the session is complete. Congregating will not be allowed.
• Program staff will be following enhanced cleaning protocols.
• Procedures are subject to change based on new local, State or Federal guidelines. We will communicate any changes via email.
Online Health and Wellness
Silver Sneakers: www.facebook.com/silversneakers