Food Establishments


The State of Connecticut and the North Central District Health Department require a food service license for: "any place where food is prepared and intended for individual portion service...The term includes any such place regardless of whether consumption is on or off the premises and regardless of whether there is a charge for the food."

This includes but is not limited to such establishments as restaurants, coffee shops, cafeterias, short order cafes, taverns, luncheonettes, sandwich stands, soda fountains, fast food establishments, delis, groceries, markets, and convenience stores.

Review the North Central District Health Department Food Protection Regulations.

high street plaza